- ID: 16843
- State: Finalized
- Owner: Nick Bean
- Spatial Design Category: Simple Random Sample, Stratified
- Sites in Design: 6
- Has Location Privacy: No
- Data Repository: Kalispel GEDMS
- Version History: v1.0 Finalized (1/26/2023)
The details of this Sample Design, including all the parameters used to generate it, are included below. Sample designs must belong to a Study Plan.
There are two components of this Sample Design: 1) abundance assessment, 2) spatial distribution (extent)
Within the stream being assessed, the habitat has been delineated into 1.0-1.2 km reaches (stratum). Within each reach there are 10-12 100m Sampling Units (sites). All reaches will be selected for the assessment, with a random (drawn) selection of one 100m site per reach. Abundance assessments of the Westslope Cutthroat Trout population will be conducted within each selected project site. Prior to conducting the assessments, each site will be evaluated in the field to ensure it contains representative habitat; if not, an alternative randomly sampled site will be chosen If no fish are observed in a selected site, a secondary site within the reach will be assessed.
For the secondary component, single-pass electrofishing will be conducted in a non-random fashion within each reach to determine the spatial extent of the population; this is a simple presence/absence survey.
The assessments will be conducted in a single event (one time) over the course of a two-week period (August-September timeframe) to ensure equal distribution of the population and limited movement.
Kalispel Tribe Evaluation of Reintroduced Westslope Cutthroat Trout Populations in Cee Cee Ah and Smalle Creeks v1.0
Area of Inference
|HUC6 - Sub Watershed:||Smalle Creek|
Sites are located above a natural fish passage barrier, isolating the resident fish population.
Map of Sites
WorkStatementElements Referencing This Design
- 2007-149-00, 84069 REL 29, Work Element H: 157 - Post-reintroduction Assessment of the Westslope Cutthroat Trout Population in Smalle Creek (1 references)
- 2007-149-00, 84069 REL 29, Work Element L: 162 - Analyze and Interpret Westslope Cutthroat Trout Assessment Data for the Smalle Creek Population (1 references)