National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service (AHPS) is a web-based suite of products that display the magnitude and uncertainty of occurrence of floods or droughts, from hours to days and months, in advance. These graphical products are useful information and planning tools for many economic and emergency managers.
The majority of the observed water level data displayed on the AHPS web pages originates from the USGS National Streamflow Information Program which maintains a national network of streamgages. In addition, real-time water level information is collected from other federal, state, and local streamgage networks.The data from water level gauges around the country is gathered by the Hydrometeorological Automated Data System (HADS), operated by the NWS Office of Hydrologic Development.
HADS is a data acquisition, data processing, and data distribution system. HADS acquires and processes raw hydrological and meteorological observational data from thousands of ground based Data Collection Platforms (DCPs) owned and operated by hundreds of federal, state, and local agencies around the United States. Following the processing of the raw data, HADS delivers the observational data to the Weather Forecast Offices (WFOs) and River Forecast Centers (RFCs) in the form of collective data products tailored for each office's use. The WFOs and RFCs subsequently use the data in their hydrologic models and to create the informational displays viewed on the AHPS web pages.
administered by the National Weather Service; contact AHPS@noaa.gov
The following items are associated with this Environmental Information Repository.
Who’s Using this Repository?Sample Designs
- 1998-019-00, 65582, Work Element H: 157 - Operate and maintain Wind River Gage (1 references)
- 1998-019-00, 72900, Work Element E: 157 - Operate and maintain Wind River Gage (1 references)
- 1998-019-00, 69275, Work Element F: 157 - Operate and maintain Wind River Gage (1 references)
- 1998-019-00, 75985, Work Element C: 157 - Operate and Maintain Wind River Gage (1 references)
- 1998-019-00, 78787, Work Element C: 157 - Operate and Maintain Wind River Gage (1 references)